According to a nationwide survey conducted in 2016 by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, more than 45 million people take part in leisurely bird watching. Many bird watchers enjoy it at the comforts of their home. If someone is a bird lover They might also set up feeders and birdbaths around their home. All is well and great until the pest birds begin appearing. If you’re concerned about pigeons they are not paying attention to these birds just because of their beautiful appearance but because of the harm they cause. Here are a few tips homeowners and business owners need to be aware of regarding the annoying and possibly dangerous nuisances.
A Basic Summary Of Pigeons
Pigeons are gorgeous birds. However, they can be a major pest. Find a pigeon using its various colors, its the whitish rump, red feet, and the black bars that are on its wings and the wide stripe that runs along its back. Contrary to other birds hunting for fish, insects or feed on plants they eat almost exclusively human food items. In the vicinity of homes and businesses the avian pests wait until an opportunity opens themselves to fly down and steal food items. In bigger cities, such as Pittsburgh Pigeons are generally more daring and frequently attempt to steal food off the plates of people who are within range.
Are Pigeons Dangerous?
Anyone who has ever dealt with pigeons has experienced them to be irritating, but did you be aware that these creatures are risky? It’s true. Sometimes called fly rodents. Pigeons are renowned for spreading diseases-causing organisms via their droppings. The organisms get sucked up from the filthy, bacterial-infested foods that these pests commonly consume. Here are a few most common diseases that pigeons carry around Pittsburgh:
How To Deter Pigeons From Your Property
Pigeons can be seen roosting in quiet places higher up on structures, and they will gather in places that provide the best opportunities to hunt for food. To keep the pests from setting up in your home or business property, follow these easy ways to keep them out:
- Repair any roofline damage and seal off any holes that where pigeons could try to enter your attic.
- Make a slope that is steep in areas where pigeons can have a nest.
- Make sure that the surrounding area around your office or home as neat as you can and free of food items that are easily accessible.
- Check that your gutters are in good condition and functioning correctly.
- Get rid of the sources of water accumulation within your property.
Methods That Do Not Work For Pigeons
The internet is full of intriguing “solutions” for pigeon problems. Here are some strategies that you should stay clear of and the reasons:
- Noisemakers: Devices that emit noise to discourage pigeons last a few minutes and then lose their effectiveness when pigeons realize that the sound is causing they are not doing them any harm.
- fake animals: Props or stuffed predatory animals can only make pigeons nervous before they get more intelligent, and then only a decoration.
- Deterrents based on smell: Pigeons do not like mothballs’ smell and tend to avoid mothballs if they can. If your property is appealing enough, they will be able to get over their dislike and start rousting in the vicinity.
The Best Way To Prevent Pigeons
In the final analysis, there’s only the amount one can accomplish to keep birds from your home. If you’re in search of an effective and easy solution to pigeon issues The professionals of Pittsburgh Pest Control would be happy to assist. We offer a variety of services that are designed to keep pigeons away from nesting and causing problems around the Pittsburgh property.
Contact us now to learn more on our pigeon control service , or to arrange an appointment for your property.
Tags: pigeon control | pigeon prevention | pigeon dangers
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.