In various ways, we’re taught that bigger is more effective. Take a look at smartphones. In the past, mobile phones were so tiny they could be concealed in our hands. Today, they are so large they can’t fit in our pockets. There are numerous arguments about whether this is a good thing or not. But what isn’t discussed the issue of whether or not they should get larger. These gruesome creatures are terrifying enough as they are. However, there is one species of roach that is large within our community that could be able to get to your home. This is the information you should be aware of American rodents, as well as some useful ways to safeguard your Pittsburgh home from these destructive pests.
A Few Facts About American Roaches
The American Roach is the most invasive species of roach to be found throughout North America. It is also among the most popular. Beyond these fundamentals there are other information you need to be aware of regarding the American Cockroach.
- The American cockroach is swift and can travel as fast as 50 body lengths in a second. To put this in perspective the roaches’ size, if they were as large as human beings then they’d have the ability to fly around 210 miles per hour.
- The American Cockroach doesn’t slow down as it moves from floors to walls and ceilings.
- The American Cockroach is able to live for as long as two years.
- The American cockroach is a bird with wings. The wings aren’t, but strong enough to allow prolonged flight. They are employed to stop their descent when hit by a surface that is high.
The Dangers Of Roaches
This American cockroach, along with other roaches of the area are a major cause in spreading disease. Particularly, this pest can transmit 33 types of bacteria, seven human pathogens and six parasitic worms. The worst part is that you don’t need to contact a roach in order to become sick. If you contact the surface they were on and then you touch your face, you may be diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
Another method American cockroaches cause illness is through their shed skins as well as droppings of feces. As the numbers of these pests multiply in the houses, more of the particulates discharged into the environment. This could cause asthma attacks or allergic reactions.
How To Prevent American Cockroaches
If cockroaches haven’t been infesting you Pittsburgh home, it’s the time to take prevention steps. To help you make the most of your time now Here are nine fundamental techniques and tips certain to lower the chances of getting a roach infestation.
- Clean regularly and thoroughly your home.
- Reduce clutter to at a minimal.
- Fix leaky plumbing and fixtures.
- Check that your gutters are in working condition.
- Get rid of the sources of water accumulation on your property.
- Repair cracks and gaps the foundation of your home’s exterior using the caulking gun.
- Repair damaged window or door screens.
- Food leftovers can be stored in airtight containers.
- Get rid of pet water and food bowls prior to going to bed at night.
What To Do If You Find A Cockroach Inside Your Home
There are two main reasons for cockroaches to venture out in the daylight, either because it’s incredibly courageous, or the walls, voids, and other places that are difficult to reach in your home are becoming overcrowded with rodents. If you believe that the second reason is the case when you discover an active cockroach in your home, call the experts from Pittsburgh Pest Control a contact immediately. We’ll send a certified technician to examine the problem and set up a quick effective control measures to eliminate unwanted pests from your home.
Tags: cockroach control | scottsdale pest prevention | home pest control
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.