The majority of horror stories about pests you’ll hear are about termites, and with reasons that are legitimate. The wood-boring insects are widespread and destructive, inflicting untold damages to buildings and homes every year. Only by stopping colonies from growing and then turning to the most effective strategies for control can you be sure that your home will never have to be added to the increasing list of termite-related horrors.
Termites: Destructive & Dangerous
As insects that consume wood termites pose a particular danger to the human property. Instead of contaminating food sources or causing messy messes on your home termites prefer to go about their business unnoticed. their continual activity could cause major hazards. Each year, millions of dollar are lost across the United States because of termite damage.termite damages . This impacts everyone from homeowners to small-scale business owners. The termites that invade your home are able to enter your walls without seeing them, and colonies may form outside and expand within just a few weeks. This is why it’s important to understand the factors that attract termites, and what you can do to keep an eye on preventing them from beginning.
What Attracts Termites
Termites build mounds or tunnels in soils that are loose and close to wood sources. Although this is true for the forest, they are also common in urban America because of their abundance in wood in human structures and yards. Colonies first form when flying swarms, or “alates,” which emerge from mature colonies in search of out new territories to establish the colonies of their own. Here are some of the signs they seek:
- Contact with the soil: Anywhere dirt is in contact with wood is an ideal spot for a termite colony develop, multiply before advancing to destruction. This is the reason why yards are frequently the primary site of colonies that form that then seek out structures for their main food source.
- Wood: While you have to be aware about the security of your building, but you must also be aware that yard waste can attract termites.
- Moisture: Some species consume only damp wood Others simply profit from the entry point that water damage gives interior materials that are dryer. In any case, stopping termites is a matter of limiting the amount of moisture.
Termite Prevention Tips & Tricks
To deal with the causes that draw termites To address the factors that attract termites, you must take regular steps to take care of these factors. The proper management of your property involves termite prevention, as the destruction they cause is fast and irreparable. Here are some ways to accomplish this:
- Crack Sealing: Strengthening your exterior by looking for and filling any holes that may be present It is an essential step to stop bugs from settling inside. There is no space too small for even a tiny insect to get through.
- Moisture Control: Damage from water could make termites’ task of chewing through wood on the outside much easier maintaining the pipe and drainage is essential.
- Landscaping: Making sure your yard is free of clutter and maintaining your lawn’s grasses and ornamental plants in check as far away as possible from your outside as it helps decrease the number of insects.
The Best Protection From Pittsburgh Pest Control
With so many things to think about in order to succeed in stopping termites It’s not surprising that you’re overwhelmed. You’re fortunate to have an organization in your area that is eager to help you with all of your pest control requirements. We are Pittsburgh Pest Control, we can answer any questions you may have and give you more suggestions regarding how to protect your home. We’ll begin immediately in a thorough inspection of your home and look for termites, or anything else that could draw them in. We’ll go beyond just working to resolve the issues that are already present We’ll then continue to monitor to ensure they don’t return. Only that kind of persistent service will truly protect you from the damage that termites can cause.
Reduce the cost of repairs and damages caused by termites, by contacting Pittsburgh Pest Control today.
Tags: termite information | termite prevention | home pest control
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.