While crickets aren’t necessarily the most harmful pest to have affixed to in your Pittsburgh home However, they can cause a snarling noise , and they can cause destruction to property or illness. To avoid an infestation, it is essential to be aware of the common crickets in your home and the potential dangers they pose.
Risks Presented by Crickets
In Pittsburgh the most popular kind that cricket that you’ll see are the domestic cricket. They usually are light brown or grayish brown with round heads, a smaller cylindrical body with lengthy hind leg. Crickets love warmth and moisture, and tend to seek shelter inside your home during winter seasons. They usually prefer darker areas and will often find most at home in the kitchen bathroom, basement, or even the basement.
Infestations of crickets can bring a myriad of issues to your home, but the most noticeable of them is the annoying chirping noises crickets make. Since they are nocturnal male crickets spend all night chirping in the course the song they use to mat. With numerous crickets around your home this could lead to an unrestful night.
Other risks associated with crickets include the possibility of contracting a disease They aren’t likely to inflict pain on humans, but their waste could spread E. coli and salmonella. In addition, eating food items that have come into contact with cricket’s waste could cause digestive irritation.
Concerning damage, crickets are known to chew on objects because they are attracted by the keratin-like fibrous material in your home. There may be chewing marks to your furniture, fabric or even the vegetation in your home. This will only get worse as the presence of more crickets on your property.
Cricket Prevention Tips
Although fighting an infestation is best handled by the experts from Green Pest Control, Home Pest Control There are ways you can keep crickets out of your home in the first instance.
- Crickets are attracted by water, so be sure to take care of water leaks in and around your house. Take note of the places that are darker, such as bathrooms kitchens, basements, and bathrooms Make sure that any spills are quickly cleaned. It is also advisable to make sure that your home is properly ventilated.
- Make sure to check all windows, doors and the weather stripping in your home . Seal any cracks as they could be openings for crickets. Be sure to repair any tears that have formed in door and window screens.
- Outdoor lighting is the main draw for crickets because of its warmth. If you are required to utilize outside lighting, it’s recommended to get amber-colored bugs or an activated light that is motion-based.
- Make sure to vacuum your home often to get rid of any trace of cricket eggs or waste to stop the growth of an infestation.
- Keep your grass cut short and maintain your lawn well to keep crickets out of finding shelter in protected areas.
- Check that your outdoor trash cans are sealed tight to them, because the smell of trash could draw crickets.
Easy Cricket Removal
If you’re searching for the most effective method of keep crickets out of your home A long-term partnership with the experts with Pittsburgh Pest Control is the best way to go. Since the beginning of time we’ve been providing top quality services using environmentally friendly products. Our specialists can deal with an infestation of crickets and stop another one from beginning, so that your home will be safe and free of insects.
Tags: cricket prevention tips | cricket information | cricket control
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.