Mosquitoes are a nuisance that makes people hide within. Not only do they annoy people by their itchy bites, they’re also hazardous. Mosquitoes are considered to be the most dangerous animals in the world due to the dangerous disease they spread.
These small insects can carry diseases such as West Nile virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis along with St. Louis encephalitis. They also transmit yellow fever and malaria across the world. Mosquitoes carry deadly parasitic heartworms to dogs and cats.
There’s no need for us to provide you with more reasons to must stop mosquitoes from establishing a permanent home within the Pittsburgh home. However, what we can share with you is that you may have been unknowingly attracted to them and how you can repel them and also how to stop the mosquitoes from biting your.
How You Might Be Attracting Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes do not require much to live, and the things they require can typically be found in residential areas. Due to this, you could be attracting the aforementioned nuisance to your property. The main factors that draw mosquitoes, and the ways you can decrease their numbers are:
Mosquitoes need only the cap of a water bottle in order to multiply. That means that any standing water that is on your property could be possible breeding spot:
- Make sure that your lawn is free of drainage problems.
- Clear the gutters on a regular basis.
- Clean or treat ponds as well as bird baths so that mosquitoes are not able to breed in them.
- Don’t overwater your plants.
Mosquitoes cannot endure in the heat, and that’s the reason they’re located in areas of shade:
- Cutting grass and leaves short can help reduce the amount of shaded harborage areas.
- Get rid of any debris or junk from your garden.
- Certain plants, such as taro papyrus and water hyacinths bamboo, and water lilies are known to attract mosquitoes.
- Make use of plants such as citronella lemongrass and basil, catnip, rosemary to repel mosquitoes.
Although reducing these issues could make a huge difference in the the people living around your home, it might not completely eliminate them. For this it is important to consider the advantages of hiring a professional.
How You Can Keep Mosquitoes Away
The most effective way to ensure that mosquitoes are not at your property is to get help from experts. If you’re exhausted of fighting mosquitoes that have invaded the property of your Pittsburgh property, get in touch with the experts for assistance at Pittsburgh Pest Control.
“Our Pittsburgh” Mosquito Control Methodology includes:
- An in-depth inspection is required to determine the areas where mosquitoes could be a breeding ground
- Habitat elimination out of any standing water
- Adult misting treatment
- Larvicide control to prevent the larvae from turning into adults
- In2Care mosquito traps decrease the number of mosquitoes
There’s no need to stay in your home because of mosquitoes because you have Pittsburgh Pest Control on your side. Call us now to know more about the services we provide.
How You Can Prevent Mosquitoes From Biting
If you’d like to be outdoors in areas without treatment or to lower the risk of being bitten by mosquitoes you could try these strategies:
- Wear light-colored clothes that are close-knit. Clothing that is darker in color holds more heat, and attracts the insect.
- Be careful not to be outside between dawn and dusk; instead restrict your time to in the warmest weather.
- Make use of the fans in order to prevent mosquitoes from your property.
- Beware of drinking alcohol, particularly beer, prior to going out or even while you’re outdoors. It is because alcohol causes your body produce more CO2 that mosquitoes will be attracted by.
- Change your clothes and shower If you’ve been sweating.
Tags: mosquito control | mosquitoes in Pittsburgh | preventing mosquitoes
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.