If there was a chart which rated pests based on the harm they create, rodents would be top of the list. They are not only intruders irritating because of the way they crawl across ceiling and wall voids late at night, they can also be harmful and destructive. The good thing is that rodents can be avoided. To keep these pests from your Pittsburgh home Here are 11 simple suggestions to follow.
Common Rodents Around Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is home to many rodent species. They aren’t all well-known for their ability to invade homes. The two rodents that you are likely to see trying to get into your house are rats and mice. This is the information you should be aware of about each.
Mice are among the most prevalent rodents that invade homes throughout America. It is due in part with their size, rapid reproduction, and the ability to squeeze through tiny gaps. You can tell if a mouse is a mouse by the large ears, the with black or red eyes with gray to light brown fur and a pointed nose. They also have a an elongated, slightly hairy tail and white underbelly.
Rats are not as common as mice, but they are equally or more a problem in houses. The most significant thing that sets rodents apart from mice is the bigger dimensions. You can identify a rat by its ears that are rounded and rough grey-brown fur with a long, scaly tail small eyes that are black, a the pointed nose as well as light-colored belly.
Factors That Attract Rodents To Homes
Rodents search for three things within a house: access to water sources, food and safe places to find a safe place to hide. Ceiling and wall voids or crawl spaces as well as storage spaces provide rodents with secure and safe places to build their nests, settle and birth babies. Food that is left on counters open trash bins as well as general clutter and open pantries that are not sealed give rodents plenty of chances to grab a bite to take. Additionally, leaky faucets, broken utility pipes, and the accumulation of water within your home give rodents to have a spot to get an ice-cold drink when they’re thirsty. If your home has three of these rodents are more likely to break into your home.
How To Deter Rodents From Your Home
The best way to stop rodents from entering your home is by two methods, decreasing the lures and blocking entry points. To achieve these objectives around your home Here are 11 basic guidelines to install.
- Get rid of sources of water accumulation within and around your house.
- Check that your gutters are in working in good condition and put screen-like wires around your drains to keep rodents out from climbing over.
- Repair leaky plumbing and fixtures the vicinity of your house.
- Clean up after your pets and clean out their water bowl and food bowl after each meal.
- Remaining food and leftovers can be stored in plastic bags in airtight, rodent-proof bags.
- Get rid of clutter and trash in your backyard.
- Clean up storage spaces.
- Removing bushes and tree branches by at least five feet away from your home’s exterior.
- Utilize a caulking gun along with steel wool to seal cracks and gaps in the foundation of your home.
- Repair door and window screens.
- Clean your home thoroughly every day Make sure you do your best to maintain it.
A Better Way To Handle Rodent Problems
To ensure rodents do not enter and stay away from their Pittsburgh, PA home We provide the most advanced solutions available with Pittsburgh Pest Control. Our services aren’t just environmentally friendly but can also stand up to traditional methods of pest control that you can come across. When you work with our services, you won’t just get the best performance and tested solutions, you also receive a team that is determined to resolve the pest problem with smiles on their faces.
Contact us today to find out more information about our services, or to arrange an inspection for you Pittsburgh home.
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.